Friday, April 29, 2011

I can't tell you what I thought of the Royal Wedding because...

...I somehow contrived to get myself stranded on the Isle of Arran last night, and missed the whole thing as a result! I can't say I'm overly sorry about that side of things, but the mishap cost me £60 in B&B accommodation and transport home. I had very 'cleverly' bought a day return Rail & Sail combined ticket - but of course that just ended up costing me money, because it was invalid by the time I was able to travel back. I don't think I've ever asked for a refund on an unused return rail ticket before in my life, and I've no idea if it's even possible to do so in these circumstances, but I'm just about sufficiently annoyed with myself to risk the inevitable "are you mad" look. Apart from anything else, I'm an on/off Doctor Who fan, and the closing lines of Terror of the Zygons keep coming back to me...

Did they have return tickets?

Yes, I believe so.

You should have taken them in and got your refund, man. I thought you were a Scotsman.
 

You'll be relieved to hear that, while I missed the Royal Wedding, I was still able to watch John McTernan on Newsnight Scotland last night from the comfort of my B&B room. That lifted my morale no end.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know that Doctor Who doesn't peddle stereotypes!

    You didn't miss much, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it too. I forgot how to turn on my television set.

    Silly me.

    ReplyDelete