Friday, August 10, 2012

Alex Salmond on green energy

I suspect I must have been one of several bloggers to receive an email from OilPrice a few hours ago, effectively suggesting I might care to give a free plug to their interview with Alex Salmond. But as it's the First Minister talking a great deal of sense as usual, who am I to argue?

"Nuclear power will also leave a legacy of waste and vast decommissioning costs for the next generation of Scots - we will not add to the issues of decommissioning by building new nuclear plants in Scotland. The legacy we must leave future generations is a world where invention and innovation is used to harness the earth’s natural resources sustainably. And it is in wind, wave and tidal energy, and in carbon capture and storage, where Scotland has strong competitive advantages, both in terms of capacity and expertise. This is where it makes economic sense to concentrate our efforts, and that is what we are doing."

You can read the full interview HERE.

* * *

Talking of unexpected emails, I thought you might be amused to see an exchange I had a few weeks ago. I've blanked out the guy's name in case there are any privacy issues!

July 10th :

Hello, I hope this email finds you well. I am with ****** in *******, **. I would like to connect with you about advertising on your website. We are an ad provider, and I'd love to see if we might be a fit. Can you point me in the right direction?

Talk to you soon!

M*** *****


July 13th :

Hello, Just following up on my earlier email. Would love to talk to someone about advertising on your website. Thanks!

Sincerely,

M*** *****


July 25th :

Hello, Just following up on my earlier email. Would love to talk to someone about advertising on your website. Thanks!

Sincerely,

M*** *****


July 26th :

Hi M***,


I've been ignoring your messages, because they seem to be pre-prepared messages sent out in bulk to a large number of people. If you've actually looked at my website, you'll know that it's a personal blog, so if you would "love to talk to someone" will you please get on with it, because there's only one of me!

James

July 27th :

Hi there - giving this one last whirl. I just want to talk to someone about advertising on your website. If I don't hear back I will assume you're not interested. Thanks and all the best.

M*** *****

July 27th :

Hi M***,

Jesus. I have already responded to you. If you want to talk to me, then FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will you get on with it, man? If you don't respond seriously this time I'll assume you're just being irritating for the sake of it.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment