Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A quick query

I'm on a bus at the moment, and will be out all day, so I just thought I'd take this opportunity to ask a question that's been nagging away at me.  Has anyone (apart from John Curtice) actually seen the datasets from ICM's full-scale Scottish poll that was published in the Guardian on Boxing Day? The ICM website doesn't seem to have been updated since before Christmas.  As far as I'm aware, the only way of accessing the datasets for the new GB-wide ICM poll is to follow a link casually posted by Tom Clark on Twitter.  I suppose it's possible that something similar was done on Boxing Day without me noticing it - in which case the letter of British Polling Council rules has been adhered to, but not the spirit of them.  The datasets from the Scottish poll should really have appeared in easy-to-find form on the ICM website weeks ago.

By the way, the ICM Scottish subsample has the SNP leading Labour by 52% to 24%, while today's YouGov subsample has the SNP returning to a more typical lead of 40% to 26%.  So pretty thin pickings for the SS (Selective Subsamplers) today.

2 comments:

  1. Yes - seems quite troll free today.

    Amazing what a 52% SNP poll does to their morale.

    hoss

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be a bridge over the Firth with a lot of Red Tories lined up to jump off.

    ReplyDelete