Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Eurovision prediction : Thursday's semi-final

This is definitely the stronger of the two semi-finals - not only does it include the outright favourite to win the contest (Sweden), but it also features my own two personal favourites in Ireland and Montenegro.  I think Montenegro should be safe enough, but it's going to be touch-and-go for Ireland - they have a low-key song, and a terrible draw.  I'll go with my heart and say that the juries and some neighbourly voting from the UK will save their bacon.

Here are the ten countries that I think will make it through -

Norway
Malta
Ireland
Cyprus
Sweden
Lithuania
Azerbaijan
Latvia
Montenegro
Slovenia

2 comments:

  1. Just like last year, I expect the Polish song to get the top telephone vote from the UK due to the number of Poles in the UK. We saw that happening with the guest workers in Germany voting for Turkey.

    I hope that Slovenia gets through. Slovenia tends not to get the bloc vote from other former parts of the old Yugoslavia unlike Croatia and Serbia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten years on and I still can't believe Motormark have never been at Eurovision. They'd be great.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspNxYNDm3Q

    ReplyDelete